7.18.2013

July Ipsy vs. Topbox

 
  I would say I have tried a good share of subscription beauty boxes, from Glymm to Luxe box and even Glossybox (which was my favorite until they raised their price!!). 

This month I decided to order both Topbox and Ipsy, to finally decide once and for all which subscription service I would stick with.

Topbox in Canada is $12.00( plus shipping comes to around $13) per month
Ipsy is $10.00 per month ( plus shipping it comes to around $13 or $14) per month


First I'll show you what I got in both boxes and then I'll tell you what I think of both and which one I am going to stick with!
 
Ipsy

  BH Cosmetics: California Collection Eye Shadow Palette
Benefits: Benetint
Coola: Mineral Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 20
Pop: Lip Crayon in "rose romance"
Healthy Sexy Hair: Soy Renewal Beach Spray with Argan Oil
 
Topbox

Belvada Cosmetics: One Moment Essential Day Cream
MKS California: Add Volume Volumizing Spray ( weird thing about this...it looks like some product has already been used)
China Glaze: "keepin' it teal"
B.Kamins: BB Cream 
 
 
Quick Thoughts:
- They're both pretty similar in price
- The packaging for Ipsy is a lot nicer ( and cuter!), it comes in a different cosmetic bag every month
- Topbox 's products came stuffed in a cylinder and wrapped in tissue paper
- Probably the only thing I didn't like about Ipsy was the it doesn't come with a card that explained what each product was and the price of it ( Topbox did come with this) 
 
 
 
Overall: Ipsy is the winner! I can honestly say that I will use every single product that I received this month, and that's saying something because I have never said that about any subscription service. Ipsy also came with 1 more product than Topbox. With that said I did enjoy the Topbox this month and I'm super excited to try the bb cream but I just think you get more for your $$ with Ipsy!

What do you think? Which box would you of preferred?
 
Instagtam: @beautybyt2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stop by my blog! I always respond to as many comments as I can, usually by email so I can ensure you receive my response! If you do not have a email address assigned to your account I will reply directly to your comment so please come back and check to you you response!